Thursday, August 18, 2011

08.19.11 The Things We Take For Granted and God'sThump on the Head

As I pour over my lists of what to take, how to get it there and maximize the space I am allowed with the least amount of weight,  I had this brain storm!  I can go to Town Talk, stock up on their bulk flour, sugar, rice etc.  Bring it home and put it in serving size food saver bags!  Great idea!  They're vacuum sealed in sizes I can actually use and should last as long as I need them to.

I had it all planned out, Tuesday after Bible Study I was headed to Town Talk, list in hand.  With a car full of "necessities", access to a friend's food saver I was ready to take off and start bagging and packing.

Then God said, "Just what were you thinking??  How far do you think you will get crossing a minimum of  four international borders with a trunk full of white powdery stuff in small, clear plastic bags!!  Even I don't think I can save you from that one!"

Ahh, yes.  The things we take for granted!  Things like flour and sugar that will go bad before I can use them,  if I take them, packaged as they come in the stores.  Not to mention the rats and bugs they will attract to my tent.  Thank you very much, I left Ben behind in Ethiopia.  I certainly don't want his cousins visiting me in South Sudan and deciding to make my tent their home!

God's mercy and grace...how grateful I am that he is out there looking out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment