Thursday, August 11, 2011

06.16.11 How Dumb is That?


How Dumb is That!?

I am constantly amazed by the things that are happening.  I am certain God has a huge hand in all of it and I am very grateful. 

Big stress this week (and last) has been, how the heck do I get a physical with no money and no insurance???  I have to have it to go to training!  I’ve been shopping around and they aren’t cheap -   $250 – ish – for the physical, another $100 for the mammogram.  GRRR!  House payment, electric bill or physical.  Physical wins.  The rest will work itself out.  And it did.  One last call this morning led me to a clinic in Ft. Worth, if I qualify for their discount, it all may only cost $45, if not - $300 – still less than Granbury. So, this week I am praying for the discount.

Last night, I met my neighbor on the road, she asked what I was going to do with the house.  I told her lease it if I can find someone who wants it for three years, sell it for whatever I can get if not. I told her I didn’t think I would get much if I sold it since it needs a roof and siding.  Her brother sells siding and since she’s been in the hotel business for so long, she knows lots of roofers and contractors. 

The house is perfect for her – she doesn’t want to buy, her parents are just down the road.  Her mom has early alhyzmers , her dad has emphysema.  She wants to live close, just not with them.  My house would be the perfect solution.   And, by her leasing it, it would do just what I wanted it to do – help another single woman while I am gone.  So, I am praying for God’s hand in my house as well.

I am amazed at the things I stress over!  Some of them are really, really stupid.  I was lamenting to Sherri last night about how worried I am about leaving for a month of training and not having any money until July 22 when I get my first full paycheck.  I know most things are covered during the trainings, but there are things like meals out, socials that others will participate in when I heard myself say “I can’t even buy a bottle of shampoo if I need it.”  That’s when it struck me as how silly I am being.

I am going to a country that is at war. I am going to a country, that until, July 9th, isn’t even a country yet.  I don’t know where I am going to live.  I don’t know where food is going to come from outside of what I bring with me.  I just know that it is scarce right now.  I now know there are no banks, no post offices, that whatever money I will need in the future I have to carry in with me.  I don’t know how safe that is! I now know that whatever I take with me will sit in Juba until a MAF plane has time and space to bring it to me.  I am going into this whole world of unknowns and I have no doubt that God will take care of me and my needs, but last night I was worrying about a simple bottle of shampoo! 
How dumb is that!?

No comments:

Post a Comment