Wednesday, March 28, 2012

You walk tall and strong like a young man...


Sometimes I just have to laugh.  I was walking down the road the other day when a young beggar approached.  He said "I am just a poor boy I have no mother, no father".  I could tell by the twinkle in his eye, he was playing the game, so I replied, "I am just a poor old woman and I have no one to help me either." 

He said, "Do you have children?"  I said "Yes, and grandchildren"

He said, "Then you are rich. You walk tall and strong like a young man.  You must be very rich".

I had to laugh, then I had to stop and think…I told him, “Yes, I guess I am very, very rich, but not in money, just other ways.”

He shrugged his shoulders and said, “That’s all that matters” and went on his way.

Sometimes the best sermons are preached when we stop to look at those we would normally pass by.  That little boy, dirty grimy, bare footed in ragged clothes preached a whole sermon in a few words.

I pray that God blesses you as much as he blessed me in those few short words, and that you have many, many riches.

No comments:

Post a Comment