Friday, March 16, 2012

03.16.12 Where God is Working

The Journey
03.16.12
Where God is Working...


This started out as a letter to a few people on my communications team and I decided to share...



It has been an interesting couple of weeks here in Addis.  There is just something special about spending half of your R&R days either in the physical therapy department of a foreign hospital or getting there and back.  The PT department is located right next door to the ICU unit.  It makes it a little easier to work through the pain of stretching short muscles when you know the person on the wall next to you is fighting for their life and you have seen the pain on the faces of the family members waiting in the hall.

A friend sent me a reminder that if it was anyone else I would be the one to look for how God was working in this situation.  So, I have been trying really hard and discovered I find myself doing a lot of praying in that hospital. Not for me, but for the people and situations around me. I wonder what they are going to say when I put on my annual review form that one of my spiritual practices is physical therapy?  : )

Today I learned that the shoulder really isn’t going to heal right because the adhesions aren’t breaking down like they should.  So Monday morning, they will put me to sleep and “manipulate” it.  I don’t really know what that means, but when he described it as “breaking it apart”, I am thinking it is probably a good thing I will be asleep for it. So, if you don’t mind, say a prayer for Dr. Pearson about the time you drop off to sleep, because that is about the time he will be “breaking it apart”.  

The was another attack between the Murle and Nuer this past weekend when the church leaders were going to get together to discuss if I could come back to Akobo or not.  That probably put an end to me returning anytime soon.  The latest word is for me to keep hanging out in Addis for now.

So, here I sit, with lots of time to rejoice in God’s blessings and pray for you guys. I hope you have a great day!
Peace be with you,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment