Friday, March 16, 2012

03.15.12 Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart...

The Journey
03.15.2012
Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart

Sometimes thanks comes for the little blessings in life.  Today it was for a computer guy who helped me.   I have been trying and trying to get the right programs on my little computer.  Nothing seemed to work.  In South Sudan I couldn’t use my credit card on line.  Our ISP (internet service provider) is registered through Khartoum.  The US government has sanctions against Sudan so you can’t spend any monety there.
I waited anxiously to get to Addis Ababa where I can use my card online. I was finally able to do it one day and decided, before I put my cc# out there, to download the 60 day trial version.  That should last me until about the end of May when I come back to the states.  Perfect.  I didn’t have to use my card and I can have the programs I need!  FIVE DAYS to download.  That is what it told me!  Scratch that.  I can live with a couple of more months of telling me that my software may be counterfeit.  I know it is not, but I can’t upgrade it.

Today, we were in a computer shop and I asked the computer man if he could do it.  Yes.  He can.  Perfect I said.  How much?  150 birr.  150 birr??  Yes.  Ok.  Do it.  150 birr is $8.57 USD!  To get all the programs I needed off the internet was over $350 USD!!  They are a little older version of what I needed but for more than $300 I can say “Thank you God once more for your provision! Thank you for the little ways you bless my life as much as for the big ways.  Thank you!”

It was like God reached down from heaven and gave me a little hug.

How can I say thanks for the things you have done for me?
Things so undeserved, yet you gave to prove your love for me;
the voices of a million angles could not express my gratitude.
My Tribute, Trinity Hymnal


No comments:

Post a Comment