Friday, February 24, 2012

02.18 I Can't Wrap My Head Around It...


Saturday –

Great day!  Lunch with Mike, Gail, James, Jacob and Aliamma began with prayers of blessings for Jacob and Aliamma’s house on their return this week after being chased out by a bat problem.  Great food, great company and great conversation as I was introduced to a new restaurant in the area.  We finished the day by joining hands in a circle around my room as prayers of blessing were lifted up for my new home as well.

Then I came home and worked on security reports and humanitarian reports that I can’t even wrap my head around…

500,000 coming from the north by April 8

25,000 turned away at the border, the village couldn’t handle them, they had to keep traveling until they found another location

36,000 in a camp planned for 20,000.  The generator broke, they can’t pump water – it is 105 to 115 degrees here!

30,000 and having to truck in water

And the list goes on…

Are these inflated numbers, generated to pull at my heart strings and make me want to donate to some organization with the best “heart wrenching” photo?  They are UN reports, you decide…

We need prayers, lots of prayers…

Closed borders

Increasing fuel prices

Drastic price increases for food and other necessary supplies are coming

Food shortages are already showing up in the market here

Tensions are only going to get higher…

Oh, Lord, what do we do???

The only thing we can.  Come to you on bended knee and pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment