Tuesday, July 12, 2011

06/30/2011 On My Way - Or - The adventures of Bumbling Bumbilina



WOW!  This is really happening!  I am on a plane to Charlotte, North Carolina and then on to Indianapolis and Big Tent!  The biginning of my training!   I think I finally caught my breath.  When I did - it hit me - this is real.  I am really going to training.  I am really going to South Sudan.  I am really going to be a mission co-worker!  And, now, I can breath - at least for as long as it takes for this plane to get from Charlotte to Indianapolis.

I watch women glide through the airport with the greatest of ease.  They're slim, they're trim, they're fit; and the epitome of grace with purses and bags carefully balanced on their shoulders.  Their carryon bag gliding perfectly behind them.  They would never, ever, consider twisting or turning over or generally flopping behind them.  No, these women are perfect even at 6:30 in the morning!

Perfect hair.  Perfect nails.  Perfect make up.  gracefully gliding through airports with the greatest of ease...

And, then, there is me - Bumbling Bumbilina!  Here I come.  Stumbling along.  Back pack on one shoulder, laptop bag falling off the other.  And you would think that 40 pounds of suitcase could stand up and ride on its own two wheels without flopping all over the place!

At last  - I am on the plane and we are on our way!  I can't wait to see what this new adventure holds for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment