Thursday, December 19, 2013

"It is Just so Hard to be Here"

Those are words from a friend living in a far away country, that I read first thing this morning.  I understand where she is coming from.  Sometimes, it is just hard.  It was hard being in South Sudan, so close to my final destination, and not being able to get there.  It is just so hard being here, in the US, when I know there is so much work to be done there and other places, and even right here at home.

Yet, I have to wait three more weeks now for a decision.  And even then the decision might not be over.  I could have been back in South Sudan by now, but there is that pesky malaria issue and all that it will entail to make life livable there, according to the doctor's recommendations, will really make life unlivable.  That was a very, very tough decision to make!  My heart longs to be there, but my heart also longs to be and live a healthy life.  I don't think that can be done spraying my clothes and everything around my with DEET twice a day. Along with wearing layers and layers of clothes, all dipped in DEET everytime they are washed.

No comments:

Post a Comment