Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Compromise and Commitment

Compromise -

The lesson I am learning -  Be careful what you say or post!!  No matter how innocent it may seem to you, no matter, how proud you are of someone else's accomplishments,

BE CAREFUL!!  You never know what you may compromise.

Those are the stories I am hearing - a mission compromised and cancelled because a well meaning friend posted a location on Face book, jeopardized the safety of all involved, so it was cancelled.  Someone else posted a picture that a sending agency deemed inappropriate, so a  highly qualified candidate was not selected for a dream position.

Sometimes in our eagerness to tell someone else's story, sometimes being very proud of someone and wanting to share a story that is not ours to tell, not only hurts those we love and are so proud of, it can also hurt those they are called to serve. So, I guess my lesson is, don't post something unless I have permission

Commitment -

It is the stories of people called to serve where God is not welcome, who accept the call and go anyway.  It is the stories of families joined together, mothers, fathers, children and parents taking off together, to serve  God through mission.  It is the stories of other family members left behind to carry on without their loved ones.  It is knowing that we are all called to serve together that gives me strength and courage. 

My call is to go, other's call is to support me through prayer and those that are able, through financial gifts, for others, it is storing my few remaining belongings or moving them for me.  No matter what your support, you are part of this mission.  I am grateful, beyond all measure for your love, commitment and support.

Together, we create the circle that keeps the light of God shining around the world...Thank you for being part of my circle.

Blessings to you all,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment