Monday, January 21, 2013

Flying through the Air...

Tuesday ...  Flying through the air with the greatest of ease, we were not the men on the flying trapeze.  We were, however, floating through the air at 11,000 feet on a plane that was load with boxes and tent parts soaring across the African sky in South Sudan. Our northward journey followed the river and on into the countryside.

Little girls in lime green choir dress with red crosses greeted us, and they along with several elders and youth began the long trek to my "house".  Fortunately, after a long trot through town, shaking hands and giving greetings as I leapt deep ravines in the hard black cotton soil road, I was able to secure a car, just about the time Michael was securing one from the Commissioner.

And so began my journey back to the place I left my heart a year ago.  In some ways it feels like I never left and others it is strange to see the changes that have taken place.

No comments:

Post a Comment