Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I am an Egg!!

I finally get it!  I have been explained the symbolism of an egg many, many times.  Now, I finally understand.  I have been an egg the past few days.  Every goodbye is one more crack. Every goodbye hurts a little more because the most important ones always come at the end.  And all the goodbyes I didn't get to say in person become even more cracks in this hard outer shell of mine.  But sitting on the plane today it finally occured to me - every crack leads me a little closer to bursting forth in the new lifr that God has planned for me in South Sudan. 

I am sitting in a hotel room in Washington DC and will begin the final leg of my journey tomorrow morning.  Yes, I am still cracking. Saying goodbye is never easy, but once I am finished cracking, in about 24 hours from now I will burst forth from that plane in a whole new life.

I don't know where this journey will lead me.  I know that it won't always be easy and I know there will be many more cracks along the way, but I can't wait for the journey and the new life God has in store for me.

I just know that you and all your love and prayers that go with me are the light that fill me.

Peace be with you until we meet again, my friends.
Love
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment